Pete Stilwell ha scritto
Patch 1.28.2 is live. This patch is focused on more bug fixes for live issues.
- Wetlands map added back to the map pool data
- Raise Dead ability no longer desyncs players in a game between Windows and OSX
- WorldEdit’s Test Map function will write unsaved maps to %APPDATA%\Temp
- Aspect ratio checkbox available in Polish again
- Fixed a crash on Mac when displaying the CD Key dialog in the Russian, Polish, Korean, Traditional Chinese, or Simplified Chinese
- If the error, “Something went wrong...” while patching occurs, run “Warcraft III Launcher.exe” within the installation directory to complete the update
- During XP installation, if the error, “Cannot validate version” occurs, run “Warcraft III Launcher.exe” within the installation directory to complete the update
- Tabbing out of the game doesn’t mute game sounds
- The Mac client is having some problems playing audio files that will be addressed in a future patch
The known sound bugs will require a considerable amount of work to correct; they will be fixed in a future patch, but we wanted to address that we were aware.
Matt Morris ha scritto
Classic Games has been working hard on Warcraft III. The 1.28 patch didn’t hit all the marks we hold ourselves to. We’ve been making a lot of changes behind the scenes to make future work faster and more reliable.
Patching and installation, CD keys, data migration, missing files from MPQs, usernames and file paths with UTF-8 characters, screen modes, order ID’s broke popular non-blizzard maps, and Mac specific issues were fallout from those improvements. We are working hard to address all the issues that you’ve brought to our attention. We appreciate your patience and involvement.
Improving these classic codebases comes with its share of hazards, and we’re glad to partner with you on the endeavor. The better you communicate needs, wants, or bugs for the game, the more effective we will be at building a better Warcraft III.
As we move forward, there will be quality of life game improvements, editor updates, new map pools, balance tweaks, and more. The recent patch was an important step in paving the way for the bigger ticket items that you all want. Please continue to give us constructive feedback, let us know where we missed, and what you want us to do!
Thank you,Matt Morris
Lead Designer, Classic Games