Warlords of Draenor - Il Casting in Movimento
  • grallenMost Valuable Poster 11 febbraio 2014, 08:48 grallen
    BattleTag: Grallen#2521

Dal caos si crea l'ordine e dell'ordine si genera il caos.
    Sul Forum Ufficiale Inglese è partita una interessante discussione in merito alle meccaniche che permettono di castare in movimento con tutto quello che ne consegue.

Lore è intervenuto nel discorso. Per quanto non possa sbilanciarsi troppo ha fatto capire che i sviluppatori apporteranno modiche con la prossima espansione a tali meccaniche.

Lore ha scritto
    Casting on the move is something we've talked about a lot, and we're definitely making some changes along those lines. I don't have any details I can share at this point, but I can at least give some insight into our thinking.

We like casting on the move, but not as a default. Spiritwalker's Grace is a good example of something we like; used intelligently, it can be very strong, and it feels good to use. On the other hand, Lightning Bolt always being castable on the move we're less excited about. You don't feel smart or skilled for using Lightning Bolt while you're moving, it's just sort of a free bonus that we're not sure is really needed.

Things like Kil'Jaeden's Cunning fall somewhere in the middle. The effect is similar to Lightning Bolt in that it's always active and you don't really have to think about it. However, you are effectively giving up either Archimonde's Darkness or Mannoroth's Fury in order to take it. Whether or not that's enough of a tradeoff is something we're discussing, but we have seen a lot more Warlocks giving up KJC for something else since Patch 5.4.

It's also important to note that the ability to use a cast-time spell while moving is only part of the issue. In fact, while there's only a couple of classes that can do that, almost everyone has some number of instant cast spells they can use while moving. To really start shoring up the differences here, we need to reduce the number of instant cast spells as well. That includes healers.

We're still iterating rapidly on all of this, so anything can change at any point, but that's what we're currently thinking

Million dollar question here. Hunters are arguably one of, if not the most, mobile ranged classes in the game. We can maintain our full rotation while moving. Are we considered a caster for the purposes of this discussion? Being able to do 100% rotation on the move is one of the few reasons I decided to roll hunter.

Lore ha scritto
    We like mobility as the Hunter's "niche". I won't guarantee you'll still be able to do 100% of your rotation on the move, but we want to try to keep what we can there. It's something we're likely to do a lot of iteration on.

Non hanno in ogni caso intenzione di cambiare il ramo dei talenti ma alcuni talenti verranno rivisti:

Lore ha scritto
    We're not going to overhaul the entire talent system again, correct. That doesn't mean we aren't going to change any talents. \":)\"

Ebbene cosa ne pensate? Per voi che tipo di meccaniche sarebbero meglio adatte per castare in movimento senza che queste vadano incidere troppo rispetto ad altre classi? Ci sono troppe magie istantanee? Quali classi andrebbero riviste in tale senso?

A voi i commenti :)
  • Greensurry 11 febbraio 2014, 09:45 Greensurry
    BattleTag: Greensurry#2781

Greensurry - Restoration Shaman
    Semper Eadem - Nemesis EU
    io sono rimasto piacevolmente impressionato da quest'altra affermazione
    Don't you think talents should be spec specific? Fine keep this 3 talents in a row stuff but have separate trees for separate specs
    It wasn't in the original implementation but we do have the ability to customize talents per spec now. You'll see a bit of it.
  • BulletHead 11 febbraio 2014, 12:57 BulletHead

BulletHead#2630
    personalmente credo che non sia giusto che a pari categoria alcune classi siano troppo avvantaggiate rispetto altre, ritengo invece che fra la meno performante e la più performante la forbice debba essere la più corta possibile in modo da non obbligare a rerollare ogni volta un pg/classe ma di giocare comunque quella che piace di più 0