I sussurri di Xal'atath
  • grallenMost Valuable Poster 21 novembre 2016, 11:56 grallen
    BattleTag: Grallen#2521

Dal caos si crea l'ordine e dell'ordine si genera il caos.
    Xal'atath, Lama dell'Impero Nero è l'artefatto che prendono i Sacerdoti Ombra all'inizio dell'avventura in Legion.

Tale artefatto stà attirando l'attenzione di tutti perchè essendo legato agli Antichi Dei parla o meglio sussurra frasi al proprietario e molti di questi sono davvero interessanti.

Come per i I sussurri di Il'gynoth ci sono teorie e speculazioni su quello che dice tale arma.

Qui sotto i vari sussurri raccolti e presi dal sito Wowpedia.

After defeating Twilight Deacon Farthing:

- Twilight Deacon Farthing says: This... this shouldn't be happening! Why aren't you protecting me?

- Xal'atath, Blade of the Black Empire says: Weak and pitiful! The Twilight Father did not dare wield me, for he knew the price of failure.

Xal'atath drains Twilight Deacon Farthing.

- Twilight Deacon Farthing says: Give me another chance! No! Noooo!

Twilight Deacon Farthing dies.

- Xal'atath, Blade of the Black Empire says: You, on the other hand... Yes, I foresee us doing great things together. Take hold of my haft and I will aid you... for now.

Player takes Xal'atath.

- Xal'atath, Blade of the Black Empire says: Yes, we are eager to feast on the fallen titan's minions. But first... Zakajz.

- Xal'atath, Blade of the Black Empire says: The cultists may try to stir him again, or he could awaken on his own. We must consume his essence to ensure he is gone forever. You know this must be done.

- Xal'atath whispers: Skovald seeks to join the ranks of the destroyers, unaware that so many of those who dare are betrayed. (at God-King Skovald)

- Xal'atath whispers: The dragons are weak here. You would do well to exploit this fact. (in Azsuna)

- Xal'atath whispers: The God of the Deep writhes in his prison, breaking free ever so slowly. You should hurry and defeat the fallen titan... there are greater battles yet to fight.

- Xal'atath whispers: This city of the elves pales in comparison to the sleeping city... (near Suramar city)

- Xal'atath whispers: Suramar, its "noble" citizens greedily slurping at their world's very lifeblood. (in Suramar)

- Xal'atath whispers: The fallen elves cower behind their wall. They know no other way...

- Xal'atath whispers: I long for the day our masters can truly pass into this realm. You have only seen fragments, shadows; the faintest of echoes. Ask the Ethereals what one of these manifestations are capable of.

- Xal'atath whispers: Do the naaru speak of the eternal conflict? That the entire history of your world is but a fraction of the time that has passed? (near Saa'ra)

- Xal'atath whispers: The walls between realms are thin here, so easy to tear open. Do you know what would happen if true shadow and light would meet here? (in Netherlight Temple)

- Xal'atath whispers: Another fool who believed Illidan's lies of sacrifice and righteousness. Tormented, he turns on everyone. (at Tirathon Saltheril)

- Xal'atath whispers: Another mindwarped servant of Xavius. A druid should have better control of his own mind, don't you think? (at Arch-Druid Glaidalis)

- Xal'atath whispers: Ymiron was a fine tool. He did more to spread the blessing of flesh than any other of his kind. (in the Maw of Souls)

- Xal'atath whispers: Though he is not one of our servants, he has heard our whispers. They darkened him forever. (at Ularogg Cragshaper)

- Xal'atath whispers: Do not be impressed by tall icons of the titans which stand here. The towers of sacrifice in Ny'alotha dwarf these pathetic temples. (in Stormheim)

- Xal'atath whispers: How far the Manastorms have fallen! Relying on crude machines and weak arcane wizardry did them no favors. Still, they had their uses. (at Millificent Manastorm)

- Xal'atath whispers: It is possible N'Zoth may be responsible for her form, but her arrogance is all her own. (at Lady Hatecoil)

- Xal'atath whispers: The fallen Aspect's lair is near. He was the strongest of them, and yet the easiest one for us to corrupt. (in Highmountain)

- Xal'atath whispers: For this idiotic pustule of N'Zoth to have lived so long... it does little to refute my opinion of this world's new owners. (at Mindflayer Kaahrj)

- Xal'atath whispers: A corrupted corpse of a dragon... How dangerous could that be? (at Nythendra)

- Xal'atath whispers: Odyn was a great enemy... until his own arrogance proved his undoing. You should ask him if he's considered Loken's final words to him. Go ahead. (at the Seat of Ascension, note that this triggers a fatal dialogue option with Odyn)

- Xal'atath whispers: The Legion burrows deep here. If they burrow deeper, they may not like what they find. (in Azsuna)

- Xal'atath whispers: I know the naaru consider us horrors to be resisted. We do not share this view. They are merely beloved brethren that lost the true path. They will return to their masters... in time. (in Netherlight Temple)

- Xal'atath whispers: The research into the Void here is commendable, but ultimately futile. How could you possibly understand what the titans did not? (in the Sanctuary of the Void)

- Xal'atath whispers: Helya and her cult are strong here. So close to the truth, yet so far. (in Helheim)

- Xal'atath whispers: A beast of stone who ignorantly throws around power he barely controls. He should be put down before he ruins our plans. (at Dargrul)

- Xal'atath whispers: So much fury in this soul! It will be a good harvest. (at Illysanna Ravencrest)

- Xal'atath whispers: Another tortured soul, long overdue for oblivion. I am more interested in his advisor, though… (at Lord Kur'talos Ravencrest and Latosius)

- Xal'atath whispers: Xavius, running from one master to the next, scrambling for power, yet defeated again and again. The God of the Deep picks a poor champion? Or, is there something else at play? (when facing Xavius)

- Xal'atath whispers: Disaster abounds here. Elf ruins filled with unquiet souls ripe for harvest. (in Azsuna)

- Xal'atath whispers: The tauren here are remarkably resilient to corruption, considering their origins. (in Highmountain)

- Xal'atath whispers: To see Yogg-Saron's nightmare in full bloom fills me with jealousy... and some pride. (in Val'sharah)

- Xal'atath whispers: Here you will see why the Legion's invasion is ultimately futile. All can be corrupted, dreams and demons alike. (in Val'sharah)

- Xal'atath whispers: We may face some of my brethren in this conflict... a prospect that delights me. Their power will be mine! They will pay for what was done to me long ago. (in Orgrimmar)

- Xal'atath whispers: More of the titans' failed experiments grow here unchecked. The drogbar prove their failure as creators. (in Candle Rock in Highmountain)

- Xal'atath whispers: Almost completely gone, as if it never existed. But the rift is deep and vast, and somewhere down there it stirs. Something has changed, the last prison weakens. We must prepare. (Interacting with Remnant of the Void at the Rift of Aln after defeating Xavius)

- Xal'atath whispers: It is ironic that the weakest of us may be the ultimate victor. C'Thun, Yogg-Saron, Y'Shaarj, and... well. Only one would remain to consume the world, that was always meant to be. (in the Hall of Glory in Halls of Valor)

Come si può notare l'artefatto si attiva se si trova in luoghi e/o davanti a determinati specifici personaggi.

Ci sono teorie che lo vedono come un quinto Antico Dio magari ucciso dai suoi fratelli o che sia un frammento di un'unghia Y'shaarj.

Voi cosa ne pensate?
  • Rulez 21 novembre 2016, 13:12 Rulez
    BattleTag: Migraine#21867

Iscritto il: 18 dicembre duemilaefattigliaffarituoi, all'ora che ne avevo voglia.
    www.twitch.tv/Credici che streammo, ho TeleTu
    Boh, io quando gioco non cago di striscio quel che mi dice :D 0
  • Greymane 21 novembre 2016, 14:18 Greymane
    BattleTag: Urabrask#2263

“War is our sculptor. And we are prisoners to its design.”
    - Javik [Mass Effect 3]
    Io sono dell'idea che possa essere il frammento di un'unghia di Y'sharrj.
    In primis perchè vedere la corruzione di Yogg-Saron a Val'Sharah, oltre a renderlo geloso, prova anche orgoglio (ovvero una delle emozioni legate agli Sha), in più anche per via dell'interazione ad Orgrimmar.
    Aggiungerei anche che se fosse legato ad N'zoth, di certo non definirebbe se stesso più debole degli altri suoi simili, a meno che il pugnale non contenga estensioni di tutti gli Old Gods e non di solo uno.
    Senza poi contare il dialogo nella Hall of Glory.

In definitiva direi che imho sia proprio un frammento di Y'sharrj
  • BigBoss 21 novembre 2016, 16:27 BigBoss

Solo che il vecchio y'sh era il più forte tra gli old gods, per cui l'identikit non coincide. 1
  • Greymane 21 novembre 2016, 16:48 Greymane

- Javik [Mass Effect 3]
    BigBoss ha scritto:Solo che il vecchio y'sh era il più forte tra gli old gods, per cui l'identikit non coincide.

@BigBoss

La mia idea è che infatti con "il più debole" non si riferisca a se stesso (nel caso sia un frammento di Y'sharrj), ma si riferisca ad N'zoth; stessa cosa per quanto riguarda la parte "il più debole potrebbe rivelarsi quello vittorioso", non penso che parli di lui stesso, ma proprio dell'ultimo rimasto
  • BigBoss 21 novembre 2016, 16:50 BigBoss

Sarebbe più carismatica come entità a sé stante, ma staremo a vedere :D 0
  • fox94 21 novembre 2016, 16:57 fox94

Keep calm and spam moonfire!
    BigBoss ha scritto:Sarebbe più carismatica come entità a sé stante, ma staremo a vedere :D

@BigBoss secondo me è più probabile appartenga ad un'altra entità che non ad una delle 4 conosciute, più cose leggo meno "N'zoth related" mi sembra quell'arma.
  • MasterRedzCommunity Manager 21 novembre 2016, 17:26 MasterRedz
    BattleTag: MasterRedz#2155

"La tua anima sarà mia!"
    La cosa più interessente è sicuramente che sia l'essenza di un quinto Dio Antico, però questo apre a dei problemi a dir poco preoccupanti.
    Quello più grave è a parer mio la canonicità di Chronicle: nel libro non viene menzionato minimamente un quinto Dio Antico e non vengono lasciati molti dubbi in proposito. A mente mi sovviene un solo passaggio che potrebbe giustificare un'ennesima creatura, ma sarebbe molto stiracchiata come spiegazione.
    Chronicle stesso è stato concepito per essere una cronaca degli eventi più importanti di Azeroth (e oltre), direi che la distruzione o intrappolamento di una delle più potenti entità mai viste sul pianeta sarebbe stato decisamente degno di essere raccontato. È sempre stato accennato, ma mai confermato definitivamente, che gli Antichi Dei fossero in competizione per il dominio di Azeroth - e quindi l'ascensione a Titano Corrotto - ed è interessante vedere che anche nella nuova visione ci sia questa guerra per stabilire il più forte.

Sintesi: quinto Antico Dio? Potrebbe essere, ma spero di no. Oppure sì se non mi sminchiano Chronicle.
  • fox94 21 novembre 2016, 17:38 fox94

@MasterRedz Potrebbe essere morto prima dell'avvento dei titani, qualcosa che solo gli altri Old Gods posson sapere (?). 0
  • grallenMost Valuable Poster 21 novembre 2016, 17:41 grallen
    BattleTag: Grallen#2521

Dal caos si crea l'ordine e dell'ordine si genera il caos.
    @BigBoss, @Greymane

Anche per me, quando parla del più debole parla proprio di N'zoth.

It is ironic that the weakest of us may be the ultimate victor. C'Thun, Yogg-Saron, Y'Shaarj, and... well. Only one would remain to consume the world, that was always meant to be

Questa frase indica bene il fatto che gli altri seppur più forti abbiano fallito dove il più debole sembra aver successo.

MasterRedz ha scritto:La cosa più interessente è sicuramente che sia l'essenza di un quinto Dio Antico, però questo apre a dei problemi a dir poco preoccupanti.
    Quello più grave è a parer mio la canonicità di Chronicle: nel libro non viene menzionato minimamente un quinto Dio Antico e non vengono lasciati molti dubbi in proposito. A mente mi sovviene un solo passaggio che potrebbe giustificare un'ennesima creatura, ma sarebbe molto stiracchiata come spiegazione.
    Chronicle stesso è stato concepito per essere una cronaca degli eventi più importanti di Azeroth (e oltre), direi che la distruzione o intrappolamento di una delle più potenti entità mai viste sul pianeta sarebbe stato decisamente degno di essere raccontato. È sempre stato accennato, ma mai confermato definitivamente, che gli Antichi Dei fossero in competizione per il dominio di Azeroth - e quindi l'ascensione a Titano Corrotto - ed è interessante vedere che anche nella nuova visione ci sia questa guerra per stabilire il più forte.

Sintesi: quinto Antico Dio? Potrebbe essere, ma spero di no. Oppure sì se non mi sminchiano Chronicle.

@MasterRedz

Nel libro non si menziona quasi per niente nemmeno Elune (che rimane uno dei misteri più grandi di wow per ora), ed invece nel gioco siamo a venuti a sapere che lei sarebbe l'artefice della divisione tra vuoto e luce quando si scontrarono e che a quanto pare abbia fatto nascere i primi Naruu tra cui forse anche Xe'Ra.

Per me il pugnale è additabile come possibile quinto Dio e la mia speculazione si tratta di questo. Nel libro passa molto tempo da quando i Titani scoprono Azeroth primordiale e quando ritornano scoprendolo infestato dagli Antichi Dei che se le davano di santa ragione per disporre dell'anima della Titanessa.

In questo lasso di tempo uno di loro potrebbe essere stato "ucciso" dai suoi fratelli e usato parti del suo corpo come nuove armi.

Questa frase poi mi sembra che la sua rabbia sia indirizzata proprio ai suoi fratelli.

We may face some of my brethren in this conflict... a prospect that delights me. Their power will be mine! They will pay for what was done to me long ago

Oltretutto sembra fermamente convinto di fermare i piani di N'zoth

Almost completely gone, as if it never existed. But the rift is deep and vast, and somewhere down there it stirs. Something has changed, the last prison weakens. We must prepare.

Se fosse una semplice arma/servitore degli Antichi Dei non gli metterebbe i bastoni tra le ruote ed invece sembra che sia scocciato del successo degli altri "fratelli" e magari vuole fermarli per riuscirci lui nell'impresa ed ottenere la sua vendetta. :)
  • BigBoss 21 novembre 2016, 17:45 BigBoss

@masteredz Il fatto che anche tra di loro si stessero sul cazzo e si combattessero apertamente è ripetuto più volte da blizzard, qui c'è un esempio:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wLq8IjosQQ

Ma sono sicuro che sia stato ripetuto altre volte. Per il resto la tesi di @grallen , sembra calzare abbastanza.
  • MasterRedzCommunity Manager 21 novembre 2016, 17:47 MasterRedz

"La tua anima sarà mia!"
    @fox94 Potrebbe, ma ti "parafraso" a memoria uno dei passaggi del libro:

Nel tentativo di assicurarsi una di queste anime del mondo, i Signori del Vuoto concentrarono la loro energia e la scagliarono nell'universo materiale. Queste masse di oscurità e carne vagarono per l'universo, schiantandosi contro innumerevoli mondi, poichè non sapevano quali pianeti possedessero un titano dormiente.

Quindi gli Antichi Dei sono stati scagliati nella Grande Oscurità a casaccio, quindi perchè competere se non si sapeva che fosse un pianeta con l'anima?
    Potrebbe essere un problema di narrazione? Non credo, perchè Chronicle ha un punto di vista onniscente, quindi o è stato omesso deliberatamente oppure c'è un'altra spiegazione. Certo che se è la prima allora Chronicle non è più considerabile come fonte attendibile e completa. Posso capirlo che serva spazio per sviluppi futuri, ma non si sono fatti scrupoli a fare spoiler per Legion (il libro è uscito a Marzo).
  • fox94 21 novembre 2016, 17:53 fox94

MasterRedz ha scritto:Quindi gli Antichi Dei sono stati scagliati nella Grande Oscurità a casaccio, quindi perchè competere se non si sapeva che fosse un pianeta con l'anima?

@MasterRedz Probabilmente non possono saperlo fino a che non corrompono il pianeta stesso, una volta giunti su azeroth, si sono resi conto che c'era un anima dormiente e hanno iniziato a combattersi tra di loro per assicurarsi il dominio sul titano.
  • BigBoss 21 novembre 2016, 17:56 BigBoss

Penso che sia nella natura di queste entità farsi guerra tra di loro, un po' come i caotici malvagi di D&D: è difficile stabilire una gerarchia nell'abisso. 0
  • MasterRedzCommunity Manager 21 novembre 2016, 17:58 MasterRedz

"La tua anima sarà mia!"
    @BigBoss Vero, ma è la prima volta che viene detto nella nuova visione. Ben venga la conferma in gioco.

@grallen Buon esempio. Vero, Elune non è praticamente menzionata in Chronicle.
  • MasterRedzCommunity Manager 21 novembre 2016, 18:03 MasterRedz

"La tua anima sarà mia!"
    fox94 ha scritto:MasterRedz Probabilmente non possono saperlo fino a che non corrompono il pianeta stesso, una volta giunti su azeroth, si sono resi conto che c'era un anima dormiente e hanno iniziato a combattersi tra di loro per assicurarsi il dominio sul titano.

@fox94 Esattamente, quindi il tempo in cui l'ipotetico 5° sarebbe stato ucciso è dopo il loro schianto.
  • fox94 21 novembre 2016, 18:14 fox94

@MasterRedz
    Esattamente, un 5° Old God, più forte di tutti gli altri, ucciso da una momentanea """"unione""" tra gli altri Old gods. (They will pay for what was done to me long ago.)

Distrutto completamente, sono quell'artiglio è rimasto a memoria del suo essere. Gli altri, hanno poi ripreso gli scontri, fino a che, Aman'Thul non ha estirpato Y'shaarj.

E questo spiega anche perché la spada vuole aiutarci, capisce che il nostro piano porterà al fallimento de piani dell'ultimo Old God. Portandogli così, la vendetta che tanto brama.

(Magari son cagate atomiche eh, sto soltanto supponendo ai massimi livelli)
  • exca 21 novembre 2016, 18:55 exca

Hearest thou my voice, still?
    Gli artifact knowledge tomes non approfondiscono la storia di Xal'atath e gli altri artefatti?
    Potrebbero nascondere qualche indizio.
  • Arvion 21 novembre 2016, 19:01 Arvion
    BattleTag: Arvion#2550

Qua c'è il testo dell'artifact reserch
    Artifact Book Text
    As players progress with their Artifact Knowledge research, more pages unlock in the Artifact Book in your Class Hall:
    Xal'atath, Blade of the Black Empire

An ancient and terrible force trembles deep within Xal'atath, Blade of the Black Empire. Though this dagger can serve as a powerful tool for those who wield shadow magic, tread cautiously.

Xal'atath has a mind of its own. Ignore its maddening whispers. Do not trust the lies it spins. Take from it what you need, but always remember that the dark presence in the blade is not your ally.
    Xal'atath, Blade of the Black Empire,
    Part One

Xal'atath had its dark genesis in an age long before the Horde and the Alliance, an age when the legendary Old Gods and their Black Empire engulfed the world in shadow.

There are many theories concerning the blade's creation. The more outlandish claim that it is all that remains of a forgotten Old God who was consumed by its kin in the early days of the Black Empire. Other theories state that Xal'atath is the claw of Y'Shaarj, ripped from the Old God's monstrous form and bestowed upon its servants for use in ritual sacrifices.

As unbelievable as these stories are, perhaps there is truth to them. Xal'atath pulses with the foul essence of the Old Gods. It is even said that the blade can grant its owner visions of the Black Empire, but all who have looked upon such horrors have lost themselves to madness.

Part Two

Mighty beings known as the titan-forged eventually defeated the Black Empire. They shackled the Old Gods and their minions in prisons beneath the earth. Harmony descended on Azeroth, but it was not to last.

Xal'atath made sure of that.

The blade remained in the world, passing from mortal hand to mortal hand and leaving only death and chaos in its wake. One of the unfortunate souls who took up Xal'atath was a troll named Zan'do. The ambitious witch doctor hailed from the mighty Gurubashi tribe. His rivals had ousted him from a position of power and prestige, and Zan'do spent his days nursing dreams of retribution.

It was a simple thing for Xal'atath to latch onto Zan'do's anger and twist him into a pawn.

Part Three

Guided by Xal'atath's whispers, Zan'do and a handful of loyal witch doctors sought out a strange mound of blackened stone. Troll mystics had forbidden their people from disturbing this site, but Zan'do ignored the taboo. He believed the mound held great power-power he could use to defeat his rivals.

He and his followers would soon discover what the mound really was: the body of a slumbering servant of the Old Gods named Kith'ix.

Xal'atath urged Zan'do to make blood offerings to the creature. With his mind corrupted by the blade, the witch doctor did not hesitate. He dismembered some of his companions with the dagger, and then he used their blood and organs as reagents to awaken the monstrosity. In a final act, Zan'do buried his gore-stained dagger into Kith'ix's hide... and the giant rumbled to life.

Zan'do and his followers were never seen again. Trolls would later visit the site and find only scattered bones picked clean of flesh.

Part Four

After Kith'ix awakened, it brought the shadow of war upon Azeroth. The monstrous creature rallied other Old God minions to its side and launched a campaign to grind troll civilization into dust.

Unlike the trolls who had roused it, Kith'ix knew how to harness Xal'atath's true potential. Calling on the blade's power, the C'Thrax spread pestilence among the trolls to weaken their bodies, and it bombarded them with visions of death to weaken their minds.

Though the trolls would eventually destroy Kith'ix and defeat its armies, Xal'atath would haunt the dreams of the war's survivors until the end of their days. Many tribes would recount legends about the black blade that had nearly driven them to extinction.
    Part Five

From chapter four of Modgud's Doom, concerning the day the Dark Iron sorceress acquired Xal'atath:

""Modgud embraced her clan's long history of studying arcane magic. As the wife of Sorcerer-Thane Thaurissan, she had first pick of the Dark Irons' most powerful enchanted artifacts. Yet she was never quite satisfied with the offerings on hand. Modgud would often dispatch her servants to find new relics that she could study and use as instruments in the creation of spells.

""One of these dwarves returned with a blade that thrummed with dark energy. Modgud was immediately taken by it. For days, she retreated into her archives to unravel the dagger's mysteries. At times, she could be seen talking to the weapon. When she later emerged, Modgud called for the dwarf who had brought the blade in order to thank him.

""No one could find him. No one could even remember his name or his face. It was as if he had simply vanished into thin air.""

Part Six

From chapter twenty-three of Modgud's Doom, concerning the battle between the Dark Iron clan and the Wildhammer clan in Grim Batol:

""War golems smashed through Grim Batol's gates, and the Dark Iron soldiers poured into the Wildhammer capital. Bitter rivals these two clans were. Neither side showed the other mercy.

""The Wildhammers' bravery was their greatest weapon, and Modgud sought to take that from them. Under the thunderous clash of hammer against axe, she screamed an incantation and wove her profane spellwork. She slid her enchanted dagger over her palm and let her blood spill onto the stones.

""Modgud's foul ritual brought Grim Batol's shadows to life. They sprang from the city's dark nooks and crannies, falling upon the Wildhammers with blades forged of night.""

Part Seven

From chapter twenty-seven of Modgud's Doom, recounting the final moments of the Dark Iron invasion of Grim Batol:

""By some feat of courage, Thane Khardros rallied his remaining Wildhammer warriors and launched a desperate counterattack against the Dark Irons. Khardros bulled through his enemies with the single-minded focus of a war golem, only coming to a stop when he found Modgud.

""Here, the fate of Wildhammer and Dark Iron would be decided.

""The sorceress unleashed her dark power on Khardros, but he pressed his attack. Then Modgud reached for her black blade-the weapon that had turned Grim Batol into a den of nightmare. It was not there.

""She had lost her cherished weapon. Or, as some would claim, the weapon had abandoned her.

""With one mighty blow of his hammer, Khardros mortally wounded Modgud and secured victory for the Wildhammers. It is said that as the sorceress lay dying, she repeated one phrase over and over again: 'You promised...'""

Part Eight

Decades after Modgud lost Xal'atath, the blade was taken up by a human bishop named Natalie Seline. She had lived through the First War, when the orcish Horde invaded Azeroth and conquered Stormwind.

After the war, Seline realized that to defeat the green-skinned orcs, humanity would need to study the strange powers they wielded. She closely examined their magics, and she visited battle sites where their dark arts had befouled the land.

From her investigations, she learned of an otherworldly blade that the orcs had once used in their bloody rituals-a blade that held sway over the shadows themselves. Troubled that such a profane weapon could exist, Seline swore to hunt it down and destroy it in the name of the Light.
    Part Nine

From The Secrets of the Void, by Natalie Seline:

""The moment I touched the blade, a name was spoken in my mind: Xal'atath. I knew then that I could not destroy the dagger. Not yet. How can one defeat a power she does not understand?

""And I had much to understand. Very much indeed. Xal'atath whispered to me in waking and in dreaming. It taught me that there is more to this world than Light. There is also Void.

""In the ebb and flow between these two forces, one can find power and knowledge beyond anything the Church of the Holy Light has ever revealed to us. One can cross the divide between Light and Void. One can pull strands from each side and weave a tapestry of day and night.

""Of course, there are consequences. There always are when walking in the shadows.""

Part Ten

By the time of the Second War, Natalie Seline had learned how to wield shadow magic from Xal'atath. She had taught her dangerous arts to other worshipers of the Light and rallied them against the Horde. Seline and her followers waged their war in secret, hunting down orcs across the human kingdoms.

Xal'atath continued whispering in Seline's mind, slowly unraveling her sanity. Despite her noble intentions, she became more and more obsessed with the blade and the mysteries of the Void.

And so did Seline's companions. They were overzealous in their campaign against the orcs, putting innocent lives at risk. Some strayed too far into shadow, forsaking the Light completely. Though Seline urged her followers to use caution, her calls were ignored and even treated with suspicion.

It is unclear exactly what happened to the former bishop, but some sources state that Xal'atath incited rebellion among her allies. It convinced them that Seline was holding them back from their true potential--holding back knowledge and power that they could have if they killed her.

In the dead of night, the conspirators murdered Seline and then took Xal'atath for themselves.

Part Eleven

For years, the Kirin Tor magi in Dalaran had watched Natalie Seline, greatly troubled by her dark teachings. After her death, they set out to scour her writings from history. Magi picked through the villages and cities Seline had traveled, gathering up every scroll and tome that she had penned.

The Kirin Tor hid these writings in Dalaran, hoping that would be the end of Seline's dangerous brand of magic. Yet despite their efforts, they could not bury the doctrine of balance she had preached. In the years to come, others would take up her teachings and devote themselves to the Light and the Void.

The magi also knew of Xal'atath, but they never found it. Like Seline's teachings, the blade would not simply fade away.

It had more minds to twist, more pawns to use, and more innocents to terrorize.
  • Greymane 21 novembre 2016, 19:28 Greymane

- Javik [Mass Effect 3]
    La storia non viene sbloccata da tutti gli artifact research, ma per sbloccarne un pezzo aggiuntivo ne sono richiesti di più, non penso si trovi ancora qualcosa, probabilmente più avanti nel tempo quando avremo un'Artifact Knowledge abbastanza alta da specularci meglio.
    probabilmente la Blizzard ha giá deciso quando darci degli indizi
  • MasterRedzCommunity Manager 21 novembre 2016, 19:45 MasterRedz

"La tua anima sarà mia!"
    @Arvion Le sto leggendo tutte su Wowhead proprio adesso, ero a quella dell'Holy quando avete postato!
    Leggendo, è abbastanza palese che sia un quinto Old God e mi dispiace che abbiano deciso di non inserire su Chronicle questo passaggio, bastava giusto mettere un indizio e sarebbe stato perfetto. Interessante che alcuni eventi narrati su Chronicle siano stati scatenati dalla lama stessa (Kith'Ix, Grim Batol). È quel tipo di "retcon" (se così si possono chiamare) o approfondimenti che da tempo mancavano su Warcraft.
  • R3wu0Redazione 21 novembre 2016, 19:52 R3wu0
    BattleTag: Xly#21584

Passate in Orda. Noi abbiamo Picco del Tuono!!
    Part One

Xal'atath had its dark genesis in an age long before the Horde and the Alliance, an age when the legendary Old Gods and their Black Empire engulfed the world in shadow.

There are many theories concerning the blade's creation. The more outlandish claim that it is all that remains of a forgotten Old God who was consumed by its kin in the early days of the Black Empire. Other theories state that Xal'atath is the claw of Y'Shaarj, ripped from the Old God's monstrous form and bestowed upon its servants for use in ritual sacrifices.

As unbelievable as these stories are, perhaps there is truth to them. Xal'atath pulses with the foul essence of the Old Gods. It is even said that the blade can grant its owner visions of the Black Empire, but all who have looked upon such horrors have lost themselves to madness.

In sostanza è un Old Gods che è stato consumato dai suoi stessi fratelli prima di poter crescere e infestare Azeroth come hanno fatto i 4 a noi noti
  • exca 21 novembre 2016, 19:52 exca

@MasterRedz
    Probabilmente non volevano spoilerare troppo lore di Legion con Chronicles.
    Possono sempre aggiornare e approfondire con i prossimi volumi.
  • MasterRedzCommunity Manager 21 novembre 2016, 19:56 MasterRedz

"La tua anima sarà mia!"
    exca ha scritto:MasterRedz
    Probabilmente non volevano spoilerare troppo Lore di legion con Chronicles.
    Possono sempre aggiornare e approfondire con i prossimi volumi.

@exca Vero, il problema è che sono libri che avanzano cronologicamente (oppure approfondiscono il passato di altri luoghi - Draenor) o almeno questa è l'attuale intenzione. Può essere che in futuro avremo un volume di aggiunte e capitoli "volanti", ma per come sono stati impostati non sono completamente convinto.
  • exca 21 novembre 2016, 20:09 exca

In effetti diventa dura, un'altra soluzione sarebbe dedicare un volume solo per gli Artefatti di Azeroth. 0